Power steering noise

Hi chaps,

my gf's 306TD makes a very slight 'hissing' noise when the power steering is under load. I'm thinking that this could be small bubbles in the power steering fluid; but should the system be self-bleeding?

A very similar noise I had on a Xantia TD turned out to be a corroded PS fluid pipe - the noise was the PS fluid passing the roughness on the inside of the pipe. I suppose it could be something similar in this case, but I just don't know enough about power steering systems to guess.

So, what do you reckon: do I just need to do a PS fluid change, or is it something more tricky?

Cheers all,

atc

Reply to
Albert T Cone