priming 306 hdi

anyone know were manual primer is for pump, thanks

Reply to
si24

I don't think there is one. HDI engines have a pump in the tank just like petrol ones. If you run out of fuel you just run the starter, after filling up, to get the fuel pumped through.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

You don't even need to do that, the fuel lift pump does it all. Just turn the ignition on, listen for the lift pump to stop. I then turn the ign. off and on again to give the lift pump another go, and then start as normal.

Reply to
Brian

Just dated myself. I was thinking back to the days of my sit up and beg Ford Popular where the pump was mechanical. Poor old sod.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

There is a hand primer pump on the partner HDI its close to the diesel fuel filter in the centre of the engine bay at the top. ggj

Reply to
Gary G Jones

On Siemens system there is a priming bulb and on the Bosch system it uses a pump in the tank. Either can be fitted to later cars BUT I think the 306 only had Bosch. This is primed by switching on the ignition 4 or 5 times for around 5 seconds each time. In fact having checked on Peugeot Parts the 306 only had the Bosch system without the hand primer.

Reply to
Nigel