Pug 405 1.9D Drop Links

I`m unable to remove the upper bolts on both the front drop links. They appear to be siezed with the bolt head recessed into the upper link such that spanners/sockets are unable to sit fully down. Now, as I see it I have two feasible options. (1) cut through the rubber bushing and hope to remove the rest in situ (2) Completely remove the antiroll bar with/without drop links on.

Is (2) possible with drop links still fitted ? Any other ideas most appreciated.

Joe.

Reply to
Joe King

Not Recessed the bolts are usually only half thickness.

If you pull the link off the rubber you may be able to get a socket or a ring to fit better.

The petrol 1.8 had a 19mm bolt for good measure.

Peugeot strikes again

Tony R

Reply to
Anthony Redshaw