PUG 406 I.9TD - Strange Noise Behing GloveBox

I have a PUG 406 1.9TD 1998. Today I noticed for the 1st time a clicking noise behind the dashboard/glovebox are on the passenger side. Its a strange one this, a series of 8 or so audible 'clicks' then a short (second or so long) faint mechanical whiring noise. This is repeated over and over again.

Any ideas at all as to what this may be?

cheers...

Reply to
CB

Its the small heater flap motor.

There is a flap under the pollen filter that stops air coming in from outside which has a little motor to open & close it.

The plastic gears on the motor strip the teeth & that starts off the clicking nosie.

You can either get a new one £120 ish & 2 hours of Peugeot labour to fit it.

Have a hunt in a scrapyard & fit it yourself.

Disconnect it & leave the flap open.

Or you can remove it, go down your local model / hobby shop because Tamiya model cars have gears which fit & are stronger.

Reply to
CB

Hi,

Oh, that *is* a kind of "power tip" !

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

The heater fan, possibly? Pug fans have a habit of never turning off, even at the Off position they are still turning.

Reply to
StealthUK

100% the motor for the heater flap behind the pollen filter. I disconnected and removed it today. Off to model shop later this week. :) The small unit is just above heater blower and held in by two small screws.

I've had the problem with the heater blower mentioned before as well but mine would not turn on (though as mentioned in can also be the case that the fan will not turn off). Turned out it was the resistor/connector block on the side of the blower that breaks down. A wiggle of the wires made a good contact again and sorted it; it is still working now (the heater blower is only held in by three screws and is easy to remove).

CB

Sorry to trouble you but I have the same problem and am having trouble getting to the motor. I don't suppose you would detail how you got to it for me would you. I had some instructions from another poster on the web site, he said to remove the side panel on the end of the facia (seen when you open the door) then the panel under the glovebox above the passengers feet and the left hand air vent and plastic tube but I still cannot see the motor. I am hoping the flexible trunking does not have to come out as I am doubtful I could get it back again.

Many thanks,

Keith Willcocks (remove .nospam from address to reply)

disconnected

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Keith

If you leave ignition on so you can hear the noise then open glove box and remove the cove that gives you access behing it. With a finger you will be able to feel the clicking of the offending component easily. Held in with two screws.

CB

I have the motor removed and have obtained a replacement but (sod's law) I have a further problem. The old motor has a large brown electrical connector and the three wires going into it are Red, Brown and Black. The new motor, which I assume is for a later model, has a smaller green connector and the wires are White (with black stripe), Yellow (with green stripe) and Orange. Obviously I can easily connect the brown connector but I do not know which colour cables to connect. Can anyone advise please. I have placed this request on both threads that are running on this subject.

Many thanks,

Keith Willcocks (remove .nospam from address to reply)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

"Keith Willcocks" wrote in message news:chmjnd$ice$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com...

Reply to
Mindwipe

Can't answer your question directly, but Peugeot "usually" code their wires. Check at end of wires if there is a letter/number combination. Should hopefully match up.

Reply to
sid