pulley

well i got part numbers for my crankshaft pulley but they cant tell me which one is fitted unless i remove the pulley and take it in to them. (((anybody know which part number is the right one,0515g3-0515k9 or has any one fitted one of these numbers to there car.))

Reply to
Chrs

From what I can make out from the parts list, the K9 is 142mm diameter and fits the XUD7, XUD9 ans XUD9A all without power steering and air/con. The G3 is 156mm and does the XUD7TE without air/con. The XUD9 with power steering and without a/c. And the XUD9A with power steering and without a/c. The above is the Mark 1 up to around 1992

After that on the Mark 2 the diesel only fitted the G3

Hope that is clear ans helps!

Reply to
Nigel

So all you have to do Chris is to measure the OD of the one on your engine. BUT, the K9 has 5 V grooves for the belt, the G3 has 6.

Service box is great.

Reply to
Brian

Well I think that's what the french means. Hey I'm off to France in themorning, want me to see if the local Pug dealer has them there?

Reply to
Brian

Thanks for the reply,have a good time in france and dont worry about the pulley, iam going to leave it for now,

Reply to
Chrs

Yes thanks Nigel, how did you find all that info out ? do you work with pug parts?

Reply to
Chrs

I think you will find that Nigel does indeed work with Peugeots and, along with GT, is probably one of the most knowledgeable contributors to this group. He has saved my bacon and earned my gratitude on more than one occasion.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Thats worth to know .can he get parts for any of us at trade price?

Reply to
Chrs

Yes I can do but there is always P & P to consider on top which in some cases will negate the savings made on my discount. I only get 10% to 15% off on average. A bit more on fast moving items like filters or plugs etc By the way I only have access to part numbers here at home, not prices. That I will have to get at work

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks for looking it up for me Nigel, If you dont mind can you get a price for the pulley for me when your not too busy, dont get in to any trouble over this, many thanks chris addlestone surrey

Reply to
Chrs

I'll try and do it Monday.

Reply to
Nigel

Hi,

Eeeeer, thanks Keith, but not working for Pug (or any of its affiliates either), not being a mechanic and not daily reading this group for a little time, I am currently of a very relative help. Even worse, my part-list CD has gone (f#ck !).

Errr, does anybody want to hear about a rip-off from my local main dealer ? Might well be a great tale ;-)

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

Credit where credits due, you have been a great help to people. Perhaps not so much now that you are suffering from a slipped (parts) disc.

Rip off stories are always educational so go for it.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Hi,

I'm trying to get a new set :-)

OK, so here I go... One night, coming back from work I run a bit too fast over a heavy bump (the kind made to slow down cars, don't know the word, sure you get what I mean), since then I get a loud, loud roaring sound from RH driveshaft. It appears to be a bearing. Pretty strange, but as the wheel bearings have been there from new, they have 14 years and 100,000 miles. Not a big matter, then.

I remember of a Pug mechanic near my home, damned it was closed forever. Next stop for the main dealer, he gives me a quotation up to 262EUR (inc. VAT). Sad, but yeah. I use to drive 300 miles a week, so... Car booked in on Thursday, 10AM. Here I am, enjoying my vacation week (well, indeed I've just gone back from a 2-days trip to the northern coast). No replacement car, I'll have to wait until 4:30PM to get the car back (remember the car has came in at 10 and it should last 2.70h... You see what I mean ?).

2:45PM they call me on my mobile phone "sorry sir, we haven't had the right part [a f#cking 205 wheel bearing, not able to order the right one], we can't lend you a car, what do we do ?" Come on son, refit, I won't walk 10 miles to get back home. I called them on Friday, "they're all busy, they'll call you back ASAP". Still no news at this time. That should be a rip-off I avoided... But come on, they should check parts when cars are coming in, shouldn't they ? That's what I do at work, and that's an evidence.

So I went in a kind of quick-fit center (and you know it's against all my principles, in general I don't trust them for other stuff than tyres of buying a new radio). They fit me a new bearing (coming from SKF, as certainly comes the genuine spare parts. Bill at 120EUR (including part and fitting). Job properly done as I stayed near my car (and I avoided a coolant change, as the boss was wrong on filling the service order).

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

Thats what i do i make sure i can get ALL the parts before the car or van comes in to have the work done to it.but i can get any part within

2 hrs, chris surrey
Reply to
Chrs

OK here we are then. The G3 costs 80.53 +VAT. The K9 is 95.50 +VAT.

We have the G3 in stock so make sure that is the part you want (measure the diameter and is yours a Mk2 405)

These prices are with my discount.

Let me know.

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks Nigel. i have been told if its got 6 groves its the G3 and the other one has 5 groves,mine has got 6 groves in it as i checked it with the old fan belt.the mk2 has the radio aerial on the roof, mine is on the back wing ,

Reply to
Chrs

We have 3 options here.

1 Tell me if you have power steering or aircon and what is your engine code (XUD9, XUD7TE) 2 Measure your crankpulley. 3 Give me the last 8 numbers of your VIN. This may not work as it is quite an old vehicle and the programme might not go back far enough.

If your aeriel is on the rear wing then you have the Mark 1, which has more options for the pulley. We want to get this right!

Reply to
Nigel

the engine is 1905cc,diesel xud9a/l (d8b)last 8 numbers are---70617866 i cant get under the car as it is out and about, also i got to remove all that under covering.yes my aeriel is on the passanger side rear wing. the car has power steering but no air con,also just been told by some one that the steering rack boots need replaceing, both sides, well one side is easy todo and the other side is a right sod todo?unless i get a rubber boot which will strech over that bolt for the ram.

Reply to
Chrs