Pulling, Shaking, and a rubbing noise!!!!

[b]PEUGEOT 306 Turbo Diesel XRDT 1.9

I?ve had a re-occuring problem for a while and my car has been to so many garages so i?m after advice from someone who knows what they are actually talking about.

-My car will shake (steering) rapidly if i do either about 80 mph or go into 5th gear

-Every now and then the steering will pull rapidly to the left. It makes no difference what speed i?m doing or what gear i?m in

- If i turn hard right whilst moving i can hear a ?rubbing? sound (it sounds like driver side to me but passengers say it sounds like its their side)

My car has been in several garages and the work they have done is: ~ New driveshaft ~ New front driver wheel (It was buckled) ~ New brake pads and discs ~ Engine mounts ~ Balancing and tracking

The new bits have slightly helped to aleviate the problems but it still doesn?t feel right?

WHAT ARE THEY MISSING??? and should i scrap my car : ) Thank you

From a very frustated girly car driver

Reply to
mozzy

På Sat, 13 Jan 2007 00:25:19 +0100, skrev mozzy :

The pulling to left (or right) seems to be similar to what I experience with my old (98) Peugeot Expert (I bought it just half a year ago so I don?t know it very well yet). I believe it is due to the upper part of the front suspension. When you turn the steering wheel, the spring and shock absorber follow the direction of the wheel. But when you make a hard turn, as far as it is possible to turn the wheels, the upper part of the suspension stop to rotate, then you start to twist the spring. Afterward the spring tries to twist it self back again, causing the pull. When the spring is in its right position it stops pulling. The sound you hear is the twisting of the spring(s). What is actually wrong I don?t know, because it is not possible to se the upper part of the spring and the shock absorber? It may have been filled with dirt so the spring gets stuck? I don?t hope it's something loose.

You asked for advice from someone who knows what they are talking about, well, that's may be not me, but I have a similar problem with my Peugeot and I use to repair my old cars my self. John

Reply to
John Ingar Øverland