putting 6x9 speakers in the rear shelf of a 406 ?

Ive got a pug 406 and some 6x9 jbl's ,they wont fit in the standard holes on the back shelf and I dont want to cut away at the steel.Does anyone know a way around it or of any decent speakers that will fit ?

thankyou

Reply to
pete maughan via CarKB.com

Buy some MDF Make a piece the size of the speaker cover thing, with a speaker size hole cut out in the middle. I had to stick a couple together to get enough height.

Reply to
Ben

Screw them up into the bottom of the shelf, from the boot. Align them so they're shouting through the holes, and voila. Obviously this will only work if the 6x9 speakers are bigger than the existing holes :)

Reply to
Nom