Query re peugeot 106.

Good day all! Just an odd question about some problems I had with a new 106 back in 1997. I leased this car in Paris and drove it for 15,000 Km around Europe. No mechanical problems at all. 1 minor accident, low speed caused by bad visibility in car park. So not at all bad. No punctures either. However starting at about 4,000 Km had a LOT of Tyre problems. First a rear tyre started vibrating the car at over 60 Km/hr, so I relegated it to a spare and carried on. However after about 12,000 Km coming south through Denmark both front tyres literally went "out of round" with the same symptoms and had to be replaced. Fortunately Sodexa the leasing agent did finally reimburse me after I returned to NZ. The car was new with just 40 Km on the clock when I got it. Ever since I have wondered if anyone elese has had problems at around the same time with 106 tyres. 3 seems more than an coincidence and has always suggested to me that there was some definite reason behind it. Perhaps some Peugeot expert can satisfy my curiosity. Btw I regularly checked the tyre pressures as I was covering a lot of ground, all the way from northern Spain to the Artic circle and from Brittainy to the border of Slovakia.

Reply to
clifford wright