Radiator repair

I have bought some "Radweld" to put into my radiator to try and repair a small leak. I need it to circulate around the radiator and wonder if, by putting it in the coolant tank, this will happen.

The chap in the shop said that some coolant tanks circulate while others act more as an overflow. Can anyone shed light on where it would be best to put the Radweld in for it to fully circulate around the radiator.

Thanks

Reply to
Coxy

open the drain until the header is just empty. Close it, add the radweld to the header. drain a litte more waterout until the header tank is once more empty. This will get the radweld into the circulting water. close the drain again and top up the header with some of the water you drained out (presumably with anti freeze in it?). Run the engine till the fans come on bleeding out any air if needed as you go and topping up with more of the drained off water.

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

There are some in this group who will tell you not to use stuff like that as it will block the cooling system. All I can say is that Wynn's Radiator sealer works in our 306 and hasn't blocked anything except a leak in the heater matrix. This does not mean that Radweld or anything else will behave similarly though. I put straight into the coolant tank.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson