radio Code

Hi all Just had to have a new Battrey on My 406 Geuss what I have serch all my docs that came with the car only to find I have not got the radio code. Peugeot say £15 to get it for me, is this about right?

Regs Andy

Reply to
Andy

how much is a new radio?

cheap at half the price!

Reply to
anthony redshaw

I am not sure how the codes work on a 406.

I had frightening intermittent bangs coming from the right hand front speaker so took the plunge, removed the radio from the car and re-soldered the joints that fed that particular speaker. Problem solved and when I re-connected the radio I did not have to enter any codes at all.

I think the radios are set to match one car only and do not need any codes to be entered. I wouldn't know whether this applies to all models though.

Reply to
Robin Bendall

That only works on the later cars

Reply to
Nigel

Further

My 406 2lt Turbo exec certainly needs a code.

bought it second hand and the dealer who sold originally let me have the code over the phone for free

Tony R

Reply to
anthony redshaw