Radio in 406 HDi continual Beeping????

I have just bought a 1999 406 Hdi and the radio beeps continuall about 3 seconds between beeps and it gets louder as the volume i increased I have no manual for the car and just wondered what this is ? Radio is a clarion single cd, nothing appears wrong on display Thanks in advance

Reply to
steve406

Michael Roche

Its the code for the radio, the radio needs to be re-coded by Peugeot to match your cars number, Mine did the same and it took the local dealer 15 minutes and me £15 to get it sorted out. Has been all ok ever since . GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Another approach is to just chuck in a £50/60 MP3 playing CD player. My old dash mounted CD in a similar age/model was getting picky, and this sorted my problem cheaply enough.

Djimbo.

Reply to
djimbo

Have you seen this later post on radio codes for a 406

it will be fine when you disconnect the battery, the radio's are pre-programmed to work in the car they were originally fitted its programmed to work off the cars vin via the ecu or something like that !!!. It will work fine in the car its in but if you take it out and fit it to another Peugeot it will work but beep every few seconds.

GGJ

Reply to
Michael Roche