Rattling noise from rear 206

My wife has a 206 XSi - great car, but it has a rattling noise, almost as though the hatch has not been closed properly, coming from the back of the car. I have spent hours trying to work out, isolate what the problem.

Has anyone else come across this, or have any suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Espley

Have you tried the rear seat? Put both rear seats in the down position and drive it. The seat rattles against the catch when upright. Cure is to "persuade" the catch upward a bit with a hammer.

Reply to
nigel

Reply to
Tim Espley