Re: 106 brakes and gears...Please help!

I recently obtained an N reg 106 1.5 diesel and the brakes are making

>a disturbing noise when coming from a high speed. There is a really >loud clunking that I can feel through the pedal. The brakes still work >fine but the clunking is worrying. Also the gear box is a bit >tempermental. After driving a long distance the gear box seems to >seize and it?s really difficult to change gear. Going between 1 and 2 >is always a bit stiff. Some one please help me! :(

The first thing that comes to mind is the oil level in the gear box. Is it low, which would give you the difficulty in changing gear? On the brakes, check the discs haven't cracked! They have a habit of cracking across the diameter. This would give you a clunk when braking, although the brakes will work fine. If this is so, get them changed immediately.

Reply to
nigel

could also be the relay lever for the gear selector its near the exhaust if its a bit tight heat could make it worse on the brakes it could be discs with ridges in them

Reply to
mindwipe