Re: 132000 miles for 1.9td

132K? It's only just running in!

how many miles should a 1.9td go for in an 806 ive found one with 132000

> warranted miles on the clock the car also has full main dealer service > history > thanks > cliff goldsmith > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
Jo Ling

Im on 150 and a half "k" miles, lol, just done a full service, and it sounds like new :)

Reply to
Cheater2k

My 406 is still running like new, at 150k miles, So i guess your talking shit :) Ive seen many go double over this to.

If you look after the car, it will go forever, mine still sounds like new.

Reply to
Cheater2k

Mines just done under 128,000 miles and still runs well...

Matt

Reply to
Matt

agreed. pug diesels are 'the' best diesel on the market. that's why ford you them in there cars (or some or them anyway) If you service it every 6k it'll go 150k easy. About the only thing to go wrong are the injectors get worn after 150k.

Reply to
SimonDS

...and that's a petrol engine (thought I'd clarify as the thread appears to be diesel related!)

Matt

My hand is up for 156,000 thats a non turbo 306 thought 1.9d. Runs like a dream

Cheers Michael

Reply to
Michael Kent

In message , miknik writes

Last car but one 505 T/ Diesel 186,000 on the clock when I sold it, still going strong after over a year according to a friend who bought it, last car 405 t/diesel 168,000 on the clock never any trouble, yeah you can't better a Peugeot diesel engine, looked after properly never any trouble , unlike Fords pathetic diesels !!!!

Johno

Reply to
J Norman

Hello,

Oh, I must warn most of my friends ! They run like hell with over 100k miles Pug's Diesels (between 100k and 160k miles). Nice joke, man !

Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr snipped-for-privacy@ironmaiden.com

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

In article , Mr. Nice. writes

Only 85k here (TD), still runs well although it loses a tiny bit of oil between 5k changes (lost a shit load between one interval but not done it since, might have been under filled to start with). Very slight amount of blue smoke under hard acceleration (have to be following to see it), but given that it sits at 3.5k for 100 miles a day I'm pretty impressed.

No plans to chop it in for at least a year, by which time it'll be up to about 120k.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

They weren't motorway miles then?

This is the fault of the previous owner, either lots of heavy braking, or sitting in traffic with foot on the brakes.

Exhausts don't last for ever....

It probably broke when it fell off

Beginning to think this car was abused in its previous life....

A fault, fair enough.

Tracking or wheel balancing needed doing, or you corner too fast, either way, you can't really blame tyres on the car.

Its french :)

Sounds like a short issue....

Definately a short issue then.

Never heard of that going wrong on them before.

Couldn't be bothered to fill in anymore :) Sounds as tho you bought a bit of a lemon that had been abused....

I want to argue they're built to last. 405, 1.6i cat, 90k just approaching, no problems, know loads of people with Pugs and no major problems, maybe you should look after them a bit better?

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

About 90% motorway miles. When I bought it with 96,000 it was 2 and a half years old. The owner commuted from South coast to North west every alternative day

I knew the owner personally, I'd say it wasn't abused. Full service history and was nice clean and tidy

approaching,

I service it every 6000 and use it almost 100% for motorway. My house is on the edge of the motorway and so is the office. Also use it for long distance driving every now and then.

As a car goes Peugeot are less reliable then most. Just check the user reviews and the critical alerts section on Parkers car guide. Every model of peugeot has several "Critical Alert" faults listed (i.e. air conditioning is crap on every single peugeot and is gauranteed to fail in 2-3years)

Before I owned a 406 my last car was an Audi 80 1.8SE, that had done

252,000. Yes it sounded rough as hell, but everything worked on it and it was on its first clutch still.

Its all down to build quality

Luke

Reply to
Luke Wells
136000 GLX Pug HDI 110 All works 2 unplanned days off road, low pressure fuel pump, lower engine pulley. Overall avg 46 mpg main dealer serviced. Ave tyre wear 40000+ rotating front to back,
Reply to
Julian Croucher

I bought a 306 XTDT at 95,000 it's coming up on 114,000 now. It runs like a dream, and all I've had to do to it in the last 19,000 miles is replace the heater matrix and the timing belt. It's sailed through every MOT with no work needed. The only problem I have now is a few rust spots appearing (but it is nine years old) and warped front discs, cos I brake too hard and never use my handbrake in traffic ;-) I have the full service history and it's needed little doing to it.

My parents have had 6 Peugeots and only one has been a disappointment (head gasket failure on 405 TD just after warranty expired), all of them have done over 15,000 miles before they've got rid of them, including the two petrol engines. Like any manufacturer, there are good 'uns and bad 'uns.

Simon

Reply to
Simon

I'm a Honda owner currently but had experience of many Peugeots (205,

2 x 405, 3 x 306), petrol and diesel. Peugeot petrol engines last as well as any Audi engine, the diesel units are some of the best in the world. The other thing I like about Pugs is the rust protection on the bodywork. I also had a Rover with the Pug diesel unit in it - 196k (136k in the first 3 years) and was fast as ever until someone bumped me from behind and wrote it off. My friend bought it off the insurance company and it has done 230k still on the original clutch and going strong.

The only problems I have had are the AC pipes on the late 306 as well as Bosch management sensors and electrical problems and cooling problems on the very early (-88) 405.

Reply to
StealthUK

I'll agree on that point! No rust even where people have bashed my doors in the carpark and the scratches when some drunk idiot keyed my whole car in town

But everything else .... bah.

Mine sounding especially rough this morning. The cams were rattling like hell as I was pulling off the motorway and going up hill

Reply to
Luke Wells

Checkout

A section dedicated to peugeot duffers. Most of the problems I have had are re-itterated here. This just confirms my belief that these are common faults and down to bad build / cheap parts

Luke

Reply to
Luke Wells

I don't suppose you guys kept a note of the size of the rear hub securing nut ?

otr q's:

is the temperature sensor an easy job or a bugger.

Ta

Andy

Reply to
Andy

What?? How can an idle stepper motor have any effect on your steering?

Reply to
miknik

While the engine is not running 406's don't steer

Reply to
Luke Wells