Re: [205] Headlamp bulb query

> > Hi all, > > > > I'm not near my car at the moment so thought I'd ask on here... > > > > I've spotted an eBay auction for some Xenon bulbs available in the following > > types... > > They are not actually Xenon. Xenon is a whole different technique and uses > way higher voltages, you cannot simply plug different bulbs in and make > Xenon-lights. Forget brighter lights, maybe they look "cool", but that's > all they will give you. Better get some decent quality standard ones.

Get 100w bulbs, they make a lot more difference (although not strictly legal, but no one will notice)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Thanks all!

Matt

--

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
voxDEI

dont bother with a full on proper xenon setup cos it will be a lot of hassle and will cost lots to purchase. i got some cool blue lights,

80/100w and they are sweet. I had to dip the light slightly so i didnt blind people, but they are awesome. The xenon ones for about 20 quid a go are shockingly bad. Stay away from them!!!

scott

Reply to
scott

Thanks for the info!