Re: [205] What OEM styles of gearstick knob were there?

Out of curiosity, what styles of gearstick knob (official ones, not shiny

> anodised efforts from Halfords) were there or did they all have the same > shape?

you must be really bored! Mines kind of like a spheriod with a lumpy bit pointing towards the dash (sorry, but cant think of any other way to describe it!), anyway its the one you see most often. The gear pattern is in white. I believe you can also get the gear patterns in red (well you can on a 309 GTi)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Heh! Probably true!

:-)

Yep, that's what I've got - I was more specifically wondering about different shapes maybe later on in the 205's life...

Cheers! Matt

--

1991 Peugeot 205 Roland Garros Cabriolet TU3S 1.4 Carb
- Happy 20th Birthday Peugeot 205==

yeah thats the rough shape. bit more angular i think though

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

hehe yeah, thats a momo tomohawk, £40 of gear knob

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

Hello Matt,

There are two main shapes, AFAIK (excepted Automatics, of course) : - "Mk1" (1983 (sure) -1988?), "rounded rectangle", as on 104s ; - "Mk2" (1988 ? -) round (your RG, for example). Standard 205s had a white grid figure, etched knob (your RG too), 1.6 GTis : the same in red, 1.9 GTis had a different style, red too, but like on 405s (not etched, but slick aspect, I don't know how to describe it).

Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr snipped-for-privacy@ironmaiden.com

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T