Re: 205Gti NOS

Well i`ve a good 205GTi 1.6 and i`m thinking about ordering the NOS kit for

> it.... and ideas tips or advice against this..........? > > Mt engine is in pretty good nick, i`ve onyl just had a top end

re-build...?

Upgrade your air filter.. for a free-flow filter, preferably build a bonnet vent near the intake, or extend the intake to the grille (cold air reacts better than hot air). You'll need alot more oxygen (and fuel) in the engine when nitrous is added, and smooth transitions between the gas being on and off... better intake will improve this.

Make sure you meet the legal requirments (green sticker, dont exceed the speed limit with it...heh)

Try

the site may not be much, but they haveexcellent before and after market service and a great history in drag racing(they know their shit on the discussion board too). Your ignition needs to be in good condition, the nitrous oxide mixture is more dense, and so takes more to ignite. (Uprated Sparks, Coil, HT leads).

Exhaust is also something to concider... all that combustion going on needs to go somewhere, if your exhaust is struggling, its just not gonna happen.. you need to clear the exhaust as quick as you put more fuel/air/no2 in. Not just a large backbox, but a full-system (talk to the guys at nos wizard.. they do a co2 kit too i think..?)

Safety, make sure you've got good belts, the bottle is secure to the boot install, seats (brackets) are in good condition and won't peel from the floor... just general high-speed stuff.

Also - look for a refilling station, in Weston-super-Mare (Nr Bristol) there's a place called "Stealth Engineering" that refils. You're looking at about £5 per lb. (an 11lbs tank = ~£55 per refil... so use it sparingly!). You'll start on 25bhp jets, and rolling road tests will let you progess to larger jets.. once NOS Wizard has approved the results.

Good luck, Im doing something similar on mine.

-- Ryan Gillett Peugeot 205 XS 1.4 TU3S Carb

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

Wow thats really good of you loads of info....

I have a piper cross induction kit.... and other bits to...

Reply to
Paulinho

erm.. the cop could be a woman too lol. Infact, the last cop that pulled me was a woman... damn her.

-- Ryan Gillett Peugeot 205 XS 1.4 TU3S Carb

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

lol, sounds interesting lol

Reply to