Re: 307 horn problem

"Raymond Dalgleish" schreef in bericht news:c3rjk0$31u$ snipped-for-privacy@south.jnrs.ja.net...

Yesterday I noticed that the horn was not working on my 307 Rapier (November > 2001). Checked the fuse but that was okay. I decided to try pressing the > lock button twice on the plip as that normally sounds the horn. It did, but > the flashing of the indicators went on for ages. The horn now works fine. > Seems to me like yet another software problem in the management system. > > Has anybody else experienced this problem.

I had problems with oxidation on the contacts of the horn in the steeringwheel of my 307 sx. The just brushed them up a little bit, and it went back fine, but I think this is rather strange for a car with only 5000 km on the counter.

Timothy

Reply to
Timothy

My horn went last month - on a 307 XSi that's not quite a year old.

I took it in, and was told that because I was under warranty it would be easier for me (and them) to just replace the entire steering wheel rather than diagnose and fix the fault..... ;-)

I suppose that's good.

Reply to
Toby