Re: Dreaded blue smoke

Everyone seems no doubt blue smoke is caused by lubricant burning. I tried before that Synthetic oil can fix it because it can clean up the system and even it burns it burns solwer and doesn't show up. I read from auto test book before that if you have oil burning, you can do the following:

  1. Do pressure test on every cylinder.
My car was buring oil like crazy.. I had blocked pipes. > > I put in engine cleaner & changed the oil twice, I took off the hoses at the > front of the engined, cleaned them by dipping them in petrol.. now it runs > perfectly. > > I took it two three mechanics.. all who failed to recognise the problem, all > who didn't recomend this treatment.... > > > > >
Reply to
Yuting Wan

I have had this before, problem caused by valve stem seals hardening up. The replacements are of slightly different design and material. The cylinders and pistons normally last for a very high mileage unless its been abused or the cars done a galactic distance.

Reply to
CW