Re: Engines and Turbos: Which ones?

I am starting to seriously think about upgrading the engine in my 205.

> I want a Diesel in this car (will be getting a 1.6GTi soon to get used > to a petrol before I get an Mi16) but was wondering which I should > get. I?m tempted to stick with the XUD7T for simplicity but was > wondering if any of the 1.9s would be a good idea? Or even the larger > diesels such as the 2.5? > If I got one of these could I change the turbo for a better quality > one without cooking stuff? > > I will of course be changing the brakes, suspension, driveshafts etc. > and the gearboxes if needed (or I should say I?ll get a mechanic to do > it for me) :D

Why ?

It's gonna cost MEGA money to both convert and insure.

If you want a Diesel, then just sell it, and pick up a Diesel.

Reply to
Nom

"Nom" wrote: > Streltsky wrote: > > I am starting to seriously think about upgrading the engine > in my 205. > > I want a Diesel in this car (will be getting a 1.6GTi soon > to get used > > to a petrol before I get an Mi16) but was wondering which I > should > > get. I?m tempted to stick with the XUD7T for simplicity but > was > > wondering if any of the 1.9s would be a good idea? Or even > the larger > > diesels such as the 2.5? > > If I got one of these could I change the turbo for a better > quality > > one without cooking stuff? > >

I?ve already got the XUD but want a turbo. The car is already classed as a modified car (well it will be when I renew) so I can?t see it costing much more.

If I decide to go for the XUD7T then I probably will just get another car.

I?m doing it cos I try to fix things that aren?t broke :) Plus I want a bigger engine but love the 205 too much to get another car, I?ve tried driving bigger cars but nothing has compared to the 205 in handling and feedback (when the bearings aren?t broken anyway). Besides most of the things that will need changing are going to get changed soon anyway.

Reply to
Streltsky