Re: New Head gasket for 206 1.4GLX - varying costs?

head kits are dirt cheap to the trade. retail for a fiat punto kit was £50. It cost them £15!!! (brother works in parts dept, so i know it's true)

Hello, > > > reasonable for parts etc considering that it is a main dealer. None have > > mentioned head bolts? Have no knowledge of the car so probably they are > > re-useable. Replacing the cam belt is a good idea, and one I would be > quite > Sure they aren't ! Nowadays, all decent engines have angular-tightening > method, so bolts have to be changed. Anyway, it's just something like a £2-3 > bill (10 bolts @£.2 each). That was the cost for bolts for my parents' 405 > some years ago in an independant garage. > > Regards, > G.T > snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr > 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :

Simon