Re: Peugeot 405 key stuck in boot lock - please help!

I would say use a very good locksmith!

I did have this once on a Volvo, I had to get into the boot and take the back off the door and remove the lock from the inside but that was an estate (yes I owned a Volvo estate!) BTW - I am 29 - I was 25 when I owned a Volvo....

Andy

I have an L-Reg Peugeot 405. The other day, I needed to access the > boot and during the normal process of inserting my key, turning and > pushing the release button, the key stuck in place. The key is > inserted fully and will not come out. Nor will it turn left or right. > I can still push the button in, but this doesn't release the catch. > > Clearly, the rear seats do not fold down, although I have a small > opening behind the arm rest for very restricted access to the boot. > > Has anyone had this problem before? What do you recommend to fix it? > I have tried WD-40 and releasing the key with a paper clip. The RAC > has tried to release the key, without success. > > Ideally I would like a solution that will not do damage to the lock (I > don't mind damaging the key though as that's easier and cheaper to > replace). Is there a central control lever that I can use to open the > boot from inside the car? > > If I need to damage the lock, how can I do so with minimum impact (and > repair cost?) > > Thanks, > Chris >
Reply to
Nik&Andy

Pah, I owned my first Volvo at 21 :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Wow... That *IS* geeky...

Can't help missing it though, I'm ashamed to say it, but they are bloody good.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

I suppose some of the "falling pins" are messed up

it happened to me on a pug-309, luckily, the pin that has fallen out was the one closest to the entrance of the lock so i was able to remove it and got my key back.

-- v.

Reply to
Vedran Parac

Hi,

UNLOCK the boot, yeah, the front doors' levers should do the trip. Or the IR remote. OPEN the boot, no way :-/

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T