Re: Pug 405 Diesel Cylinder heads...turbo and NA

Hello all,

> > I have a friend with a cracked head needing replacing. > > My question is are any of the head interchangable thru the 405 diesel > range? > > He has a 1.9 NA engine and it seems the TD head is more easy to > source...will this fit ok? Or even a 1.8 TD head? >

I've crossposted this to alt.autos.peugeot as someone there may be able to shed some light.

Reply to
Malc

The early heads had square inlet ports, the later had oval. Provided that you match this, and of course get one with the right vacuum pump fitting, all should be OK. The turbo and non-turbo engines have a different compression ratio but this is acheived with different pistons. Don't know about the 1.8 head though. Valve sizes could be smaller. A word of warning though, make sure it comes with the camshaft bearing caps in place, as these are line bored, and not replaceable. I found this out the hard way. Failed an MOT on emissions as there was so much oil escaping from the bearings and it came out the breather. Then on the way home from the MOT the engine took off on the oil fumes. Amazing how much white smoke it produced, completely stopped the traffic. So I have a spare head now but it is not a lot of good.

Reply to
Brian

Nice one, many thanks for that.

Reply to