Re: What's a 306 worth?

Does the group have an idea about how much I would get as a trade-in

> value for a 2000 (W reg) 306 3-door HDi DTurbo with 55,000 miles?

Taken from

Trade-in allowances at 55k for 2000W 306 DTurbo 2.0HDi 3 door. Excellent condition £5,128 Average condition £4,547 Below average condition £3,926

The AA website used to advertise that they used Glass Guide - not on the website now.

Parkers always overvalue.

If the garage are using CAP (Car Auction Price) the value will be even lower. Some garages take an average between Glass and CAP.

A main dealer may not want to retail a car with 55,000 covered. If they are trading it on they will be relying on their buyer to steer them on the value.

Reply to
Doctor D.

It will also depend upon What you wish to drive away. Even if they do not Want you car on their forecourt, they Want to sell you a new car, and will then pass your trade-in along the chain. If you happen to want what they are sell well, you will not get as good price as you might. If you are open minded about what car you are willing to drive away, they may well be willing to "deal" a better deal.

If you get to the nitty gritty and you can't quite bridge the final gap, tell them and ask what model they have that they could make the deal work for you. I struck lucky, and got an ex-demo with under 1k miles and a nice extra lump off that price tag.

Whoosh "the sound my car makes going by the little hatches"

Reply to
whoosh