rear number plate light - 206 1.4 GLX 1999

Any one have any experience of replacing a rear number plate light?

Owners manual says carefully unclip the lens from the number plate light, but which way to I push/pull in order to avoid breaking the plastic lens cover?

Another one of those little jobs which is simple if you know how but expensive if you get it wrong!

Reply to
Duncan Masterman

Yes, I know what you mean. I have never been able to get the lens off in situ. Take the inside trim panel off (pull at the top part firmly) and push the clips in on the offending light unit. Push the light unit out and disconnect the plug. Now you can gently lever the lens off. Make sure you put it back in the same position. The bulb is a capless type and just pulls out.

Reply to
Nigel