Removing brake drum on Expert (same as Citroen Jumpy and Fiat Scudo)

Hi,I am trying to remove the brake drum (left side)because of problem with the hand break, the wheel wont rotate if it is left for some time with the hand break engaged. I guess it is rust inside. It is my first Peugeot, bought it (98 mod) some few months ago. I have removed the brake drum attaching bolt (it also function as a guiding bolt when installing the wheel). It has not been possible to removing the drum, I have tried to heat the drum, and I have used a puller all with no success. Do I have to remove the axle nut? I would be very glad get the right solution for this job. John

Reply to
JohnI

Hi John, I take it that you have let the hand brake off while trying to remove the drum . If you can get all wheels rolling free then jack it up "without" pulling the handbrake first, better still if you can get all wheels rolling free and then let it roll to a stop without braking at all before jacking it up. This should then make sure that the brakes are not holding the drum fast. You can then hit the drum while rotating the wheel with a rubber mallet, then give the puller another go, be brave and give it one hell of a turn and if your lucky it will pull the drum off.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

På Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:55:48 +0100, skrev Gary G Jones :

Thank you, I will try. John

Reply to
JohnIngar