Rims and tire selection

I recently bought a 307 XS 110HP 3Doors and I'm in love with it! I'll get it next friday and I have to decided by Monday/Tuesday whether I change the rims and tires consequently. It comes with 15" Apollo alloy rims mounted with 195x65x15 and I'm planning to change to 17" Challenger rims and mount 205x50x17. Whether or not to change it matter of how much I like the rims in the car and also how much I have to spend in this since I streched myself beyond my wildest dreams to buy this car. So it's a tough call but hey... life is today... and if not now, when? if not me, who?

Question 1: Is my pick on tire size ok? Should I go for 215x45x17? Question 2: My choices are Pirelli PZero Rosso, Continental Sport Contact 2 and Vredestein ultrac and sportrac. I'm inclined to go for Pirelli since this is a high range tire which I think got to be a great quality. I'm a big fan of Michelin but unfortunately they don't carry that size here (at least as of today). Any comments on these tires?

Many thanks people, Mario

Reply to
mariou

The Pirelli PZero Rosso on 17 rims is an excellent choice, came as standard on my 307 HDi DTurbo. Very high level of grip even in wet conditions. On the down side, don't expect much more than 15,000 miles from the fronts.

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

Just in case you are thinking of winter in the Alpes, 17 inch wheels are a problem for snowchains!

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

Well guys... I finally opted for the Pirellin PZero Rosso which comes original with the car in its 2.0 version and I am fully satisfied. The tires have an awesome look and most importantly the car is like a train, level of noise is good,wet grip excellent, etc. All in all a great purchase... @ USD 316 e/o they had to be but you never know... and for that who mentioned snow... thanks for the advice and I think that is an important key factor... but we never get snow here in Uruguay. Mild and sometimes humid wheather only. hope thuis advice helps someone else... Thanks, Mario

Reply to
mariou