RT3 and Aux input (407 SW)

I've followed a previous thread on this subject with great interest. I've got a RT3 in my 407 SW and I want to connect a MP3 player (it already has the telephone built in). I tried doing this via the red white yellow sockets in the glove box but of course the input stops as soon as the car moves (a safety thing I guess).

I've read in the hand book that there are Aux inputs on the RT3 and these this can be configured to accept an MP3 player, and then simply pressing the 'source' button would select this as an input. So a couple of questions:

1) How do I physically connect the MP3 player to the RT3? (I've seen the diagram in
but itmakes no sense to me)2) How do I configure the system so that the Aux inputs start working, ormust this be done by the Peugeot dealer?3) There is a very odd looking socket in the between-front-seats CD storagebin, is this some sort of input socket for the RT3? Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Reply to
Foo Foo Barney

1/2):( not possible, both aux channels are only at the RD4 not the RT4, because the video in uses the aux channels. and the video block is not (yet) possible to be removed because this option is not their at the PPS of your dealer. so waiting for the aftermarket to find a solution. 3)nope thats for your dealer to hook up their diagnostics computer
Reply to
axl

Sad news Axl - But thanks for the answer.

I must say that the handbook is a little misleading when it says that the RT3 is fitted with "An Auxiliary input (Aux 1) and two analogue inputs (free) which can be activated by the PEUGEOT network for MP3 players, hands free kits or Navigation systems"

Just so I understand it - is it because my car is fitted with a navigation systen, built in phone and those video inputs for the colour screen that there are no more spare inputs for an MP3 player?

Oh well - lets wait for that aftermarket solution you mentioned.

Regards

Reply to
Foo Foo Barney