Rumbling car

Hello,

I've got a cool peugeot 205 GT 1.4 from '91. Last week I replaced the driving shafts left and right beacause I could hear a strange 'hammer' sound when I turned the steering wheel. Now that problem is solved, and I was very happy about that. Only immediately an other problem occured. When I'm turning left now, the car starts to 'rumble', to vibrate. And it's quite heavy. But it's only something I feel, not what I hear (like the drivingshafts). It occures at all speeds. People told me likely it's a balance problem...(but I thought that was only at certain speeds) or the steering cabin..but I never had this problem, I only replace the driving-shafts, so the steering cabin is unlikely to me....

But does anyone have any idea what can cause this strange rumble-thing??

David

Reply to
DEf

does this model have the "hockey stick " bolts holding the os drive shaft bearing in place or is my memory shot(which is very likely)

Reply to
mindwipe

"DEf1" wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a cool peugeot 205 GT 1.4 from '91. Last week I > replaced the > driving shafts left and right beacause I could hear a strange > 'hammer' > sound when I turned the steering wheel. > Now that problem is solved, and I was very happy about that. > Only > immediately an other problem occured. When I'm turning left > now, the > car starts to 'rumble', to vibrate. And it's quite heavy. But > it's > only something I feel, not what I hear (like the > drivingshafts). It > occures at all speeds. People told me likely it's a balance > problem...(but I thought that was only at certain speeds) or > the > steering cabin..but I never had this problem, I only replace > the > driving-shafts, so the steering cabin is unlikely to me.... > > But does anyone have any idea what can cause this strange > rumble-thing?? > > David

I seem to remember the CV joint on my steering column did this a while back. Another thing it could be is a lose anti-roll bar which is a problem I have a the moment; as the car shifts the roll bar tries to move and can cause a rumble effect as it rubs on it?s joint with the lower suspension arm (or so I?ve been told).

Reply to
Streltsky