service intervals

I have a Peugeot 206 diesel and the service log suggests a service is required every 5000m. I've been doing this for the last 20000 miles that I've owned the car. Arnold Clark (who have my service contract) would not do one at 60000 miles as they say the service interval is 12000 miles. If this is true why are there stamping areas every 5000 miles in the book? Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
bob watkinson

I've had problems with Arnold Clark in the past with a company car. Similar to you - it was an early petrol 1.6 206 and the figures they gave for servicing were different to those in the book... I went with the book.

Is the 206 you have a 1.9 or 1.4/2.0HDi? I think the 1.9 is 10,000 service interval but the HDi will likely be 12,000 with 6,000 intermediates (as that is what my 406 HDi is).

All you can do is tell them what the book states - and if it boils down to it... fax them a copy. I think that is what the fleet manager ended up doing in my case.

Reply to
Triple-S

It gets stranger the more you go in to it. I've phoned Peugeot and they say themselves that it is 12000 miles. What they can't explain is why there is a place for a stamp every 5000 miles in their own warranty record book. The result is that it looks like an incomplete service history

Reply to
bob watkinson

From memory of my wife's 206, petrol jobby, all the internal parts of the books are the same and they should just fill out the relevant details on the "fly cover". My V6 book is the same as my wife's book!!!

Reply to
Johny H

Maybe not such a bad thing having oil and filters done at 5k intervals but save your money and go somewhere independent and local for oil changes etc. If its privately owned vehicle and you intend to part-ex or sell on at some point in near future then dealer stamped service book is a slight plus point. But only take to them at the 12k intervals and save a stack in the meantime.

Reply to
Longshot

my 2.2hdi has service intervals of 12k but the service book has entries for every 6k, not sure why though, unless the 2.0L petrol version has a

6k service interval ?

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

It depends on the country your living in, you can imagine drivin it in a desert area it needs more air filters, if using lower quality feul your need more oil services, pug arent solely sold in the UK you know...

Reply to
Marc

in2minds in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, typed something a little like this (allegedly):

According to my service book they are classed as an Intermediate Service and as long as the other services are done at Pug garages, they are complimentary (Page 4 of my book). All they do is a levels check and top-up.

Reply to
Terrytubby

But cars sold in dessert areas would presumably have killometer intervals in there schedules and probably not be in english..

Reply to
bob watkinson

oe coul say that,but the french manual is the very same as the morocan and the algerian manual, the mid east use an english and an arab one.... with the very same information

Reply to
Marc