silence is boring

Clarion cd/radio on my 53 plate 406 - push button on/off/volume has packed up. Anyone out there know what I should do please? Or willing to pay for singing lessons!!! Ta Jan

Reply to
x20jan7

Hi,

Many options there, stating you know how to remove the radio and re-enter the code if needed. Option 1 : remove it and give some contact cleaner (may worth a try). Option 2 : replace the button, with something similar to this one

3 : replace radio unit. Sourcing the accurate potentiometer could be a real pain, as there are many types : off at full left (like an ordinary wireless), single or double (for some stereo use, you have 6 ou 8 pins out of them instead of 3-4, they are easy to identify), push on/off... but you may take your chance. I guess having an ordinary switch off ain't a hell.

Eeeer, perhaps you have some kind of specific button, too. Anyway you'll have to open the radio to find it out.

HTH,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T