sluggish throttle response 406 TD

Hi All, I own a 97 406 TD which I've had for over 7 years and 150,000 trouble free miles . Just recently I've noticed the throttle response isn't how it should be , the first 1/2" of movement on the pedal does nothing , it's noticeable when you change down for a corner or something and it doesn't pick up like it should . Any ideas what ,if anything , I should check first ?.

T.I.A. Ron

Reply to
Ron

Have you tryed to ajust the cable at the pump?it could be the cable is stretched

Reply to
Chris

That was my thought as well. I have experienced it on both a 405 and my present 406. It is dead easy to adjust, there is a slide on clip that holds the cable and the grommet the cable goes into has a series of grooves for adjustment.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

try and remove the telescopic damper from the throttle lever its not really needed

Reply to
paul bray

Reply to
Michael Roche