Sorting a 306 radio

I've taken this on for a freind but I'm wondering if there is something I am missing here.

The clarion radio cassette dropped into secure mode after a battery problem but thinks he may have entered the wrong code once (just once). Now it displays the '- - - -' awaiting a timeout/reset? (The manual says 1 hour).

I've got this powered up in the house, aux and ign 12v permanently on, radio on, dashes displayed. Now been on >16hrs, still the same. Am I supposed to press some undocumented keys to wake it up - I'm expecting it to drop to 'code (in)' when it's ready.

Reply to
Jasmin

I'd guess that you would have to turn it off and on again to enter the code.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

At which point? - it hasn't come up with 'code' or 'code in' yet. How do I know if it's had long enough?

The set has already been run arond (on) for quite a while and then turn on.

Reply to
Jasmin

"Jasmin" wrote in news:iVs6f.6845$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net:

I thought the timeout is measured when it's off (but connected to 12v), not on. If it's permanently on ----, you may need to get it re-coded.

But you seem to know what you're doing, so I'll leave you to it.

Reply to
southpawArcher

I remember this happening to me - I was waiting ages as well because the original screen was different to the later screen. I think with the dashes on the screen you're able to enter the code - just do it!

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Didn't take it.

Reply to
Jasmin

Erm, surely you have to leave it powered OFF for the "1 hour" (though obviously with the Aux 12v connected, or it won't be able to count the hour).

Reply to
Nom

I tried both...

Reply to
Jasmin

That's the end of my knowledge I'm afraid :)

Surely the owners manual tells you *exactly* what to do (ie, ignition on/off etc.) ?

Reply to
Nom

Have you tried pressing other keys apart from the numeric ones to see if they will bring up a default screen for code input?

Reply to
daddyfreddy