spares problems with 307

Just a word of warning to anyone thinking about buying a 307....

My experience.. Clutch went, without warning, on the 5th of Feb this year. The car is still off the road!!!! The car went to a dealers in Milton Keynes and they have had the devils own job getting spares from Peugeot. I admit my car is a company car so I have a hire car, however if this was MY car I would be in a fix. The dealer had problems getting a fly-wheel.

They now tell me, this week end, that the speed sensor has also gone and now they have to order another part as they don't keep a stock and heaven knows how long this will take.

The leasing company contacted Peugeot about paying half for the hire car and Peugeot didn't want to know.

So we're nearly upto 12 weeks off the road...

I have also experienced other problems with the car, indicator lights intermittently not working, tacho going to zero whilst driving, brackets under the car breaking, knocking noises when turning.

I am glad I didn't buy the damn car and I wouldn't ever get another Peugeot.

Nice car until something goes wrong...

There! I got it off my chest :)

Reply to
Garyg

I've never heard anything so ridiculous - 12 weeks off the road for a new clutch! Must be more to it. Why do they need a flywheel?

Reply to
Crazy Aizy

No joking...

All I know is that on the 4th of Feb the car had problems getting into gear.

I took it around the block and decided it was too risky to take it home and was picked up the the AA.

The next day the car was taken to the dealer. When I rang them, later that day they told me that the car was on the road with NO FAULT FOUND !!! despite the previous day the AA man and myself couldn't drive the damn car.

I explained the situation to the dealer and they commented on the fact that they had had experience of other 307's behaving the same way and would look into it, next I knew was that they had ordered spares and were waiting.

I'm afraid I know no more than that... I agree its a complete joke and a very bad advert for peugeot!!!

Reply to
Garyg

Have you tried another dealer. I agree that 12 weeks for a new clutch is nuts. Sounds like maybe your dealer isn't trying hard enough. Sounds about par for the course about Peugeot not being interested about your complaint though. I too will not be buying another one!!

Reply to
HDIdriver

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

It keeps getting better !!!!!!

I have rung up PERRY'S who are the dealer in Milton Keynes and they have now admitted to the fact that the engineer may have damaged the speed sensor and that's why the car is still not ready, problems starting they say.....

My lease company ALD are doing their nut, Peugeot don't give a f**K....

I thank God that it's a company car and not mine....

The mileage on the car is 65K and Peugeot say its out of warranty and thats why they don't care... incredible....

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER WILL I HAVE ANOTHER PEUGEOT...

Today is the 30th of April and I still don't have the car back since the

5th of Feb !!!!
Reply to
Garyg

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Hello,

It's getting worse these last years, 'cause cars suddenly became more complex. I guess they'll soon learn & correct that, IMO the 308 will be gremlins-free.

We also have problems in getting spare parts here, in France. A friend of mine waited from November to February (4 months !) an engine bay wiring loom for a Clio 1.9D (not a special car, as you know), which finally didn't fit.

And anyway, the dual-mass (don't know the correct english term, sorry) flywheels always are a source for problems, until corrected. Do you remember it was one of the problems met with first series of Porsche 964 ?

Regards, G.T (still doesn't know the interrest of dual-mass flywheels). snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Hello,

In the case of this Clio (not my one, damn I've not driven a Clio since 1999 and pretty happy it doesn't happen), is a major issue with cars which are not 100% compliant with original cars (i.e modded). The plate info & VIN were correct, the computer reported only one wiring loom, but it didn't fit. Typical problem with modded cars, but the other problem was the delivery time for this part.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T