Spedo drops

Any body have any idea why when driving sometimes the spedo just drops to zero? are there any fixes for this.

thanks

Steve

Reply to
Stevejeffries981

On which model and which year..........

"Stevejeffries981" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Aat van den Bos

Sorry guys Model 406 1.8lx

Reply to
Stevejeffries981

Usual loose connexions on the dashboard print...... Sometimes the sensor in the gearbox. Try ticking the dash with your hand when it occurs.

Greetz Aat

"Stevejeffries981" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Aat van den Bos

hi Steve I am having the same problem with my 406 2.0 exec but I think it is the little box under the glove box. I am about to take it to bits soon so I will post if I find anything. If anyone has any helpful advice before I start it would be much appreciated thanks Steven

Reply to
steven

on your exec you have variable powersteering dont you? if yes it is going to be 90% the signal control unit behind the glove box.

regarding other 406 mainly speed sensor or earth to bincal

Reply to
noall