Speedo problems

Xantia 1.9TD 95N

Okay not a Peugeot but my problems the same as. Neither speedo nor rev counter working. Plug is connected at transducer and transducer has been changed to check if it's this. Problem still there. Are the cogs inside the shaft likely to be broken and if so can they be replaced, or is it easier to replace the shaft? What other problem could cause the speedo/rc not to work?

-- Krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

mindwipe

Tried this - and many more 'easy' ideas but to no avail. I've got it down to two possibilities: Cogs in shaft are naff (following nsf shunt?), Electronic reading from plug naff? (Just can't see it being this).

-- Krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

I've had teeth strip off the pinion on the end of the sensor in the gearbox. Easy repair, and the part was about 3UKP a couple of years back.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Sounds possible - I know it's not the transducer as I've swapped it, I just can't see it being the relevant electronics as the leccy at work tested everything he could and found it ok. I would assume the only place to get this part is the main dealer. Did they keep it in stock or order in?

-- Krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

Yes, it was in stock with the main agent in our town which is only a small branch so I guess it is a common failure part or else I was just lucky. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

the dials on my car had stopped functioning a while ago and it was due to a snapped earthing strap, the one that connects the body to the engin - could be that?

Reply to
Ben Lessani