Steamy windows in 607. Down to pollen filter?

Hi, My windows steam up in my 607 (no, not because of that!) It does it more on especially cold days. My last car, a Mazda, I was told that I should replace the pollen/cabin filter every couple of years as this causes condensation.

Is this true for the 607? If so, where is it in the car and is it a DIY job to replace it?

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

Reply to
Steve Dunn

Hi Steve,

I'd check that the air to the cabin is not set to be recirculated. If it is, then any vapour in the cabin doesn't get replaced with fresh air and the cold outside condenses this on the windows.

Lenny

Reply to
LennyK

Hi Lenny, Thanks for the reply. The problem is the same whether the air is recirculated or not. Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve Dunn

In that case, it might be worth checking that the fresh air is coming into the car and it is not stuck on recirculate. The 406 has a problem or at least the turn of the century ones did, where the gears from the motor that drives the diverter strip their teeth and, whilst it whirrs like a good'n, it don't actually move the flap. A give away on the 406 is that you can hear quiet little clicks coming from the area of the glovebox.

Reply to
Keith W

If the pollen filter(s) is/are blocked, air won't be coming in.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R N Robinson

"R N Robinson" wrote in message news:geaipn$4po$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Agreed. But if they aren't.......

Reply to
Keith W

.

Thanks Keith. My 607 is a 2002 and has a VERY similar noise - 5 or 6 quite little 'clonks' from the glove-box area. Do you know if it's a DIY job to fix it? Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve Dunn

I only have experience of the 406 and I found the most useful tool for this job was a son-in-law who was more agile than me. You have to lay on your back in the footwell. We removed the glovebox and were able to locate the motor after removing various bits and pieces. I had full instructions at the time from Nigel who is a very knowledgeable and helpful Peugeot mechanic who contributes to this group. I should add that the replacement motor was around £150 although later ones are a bit cheaper. In the event we left the flap open so that air is always coming from outside and did not replace the motor. In the three or four years since I have only about twice regretted it when following smoky, elderly Ford Fiestas.

This link will take you to the original thread on Google Groups but you may do better to "Ping" Nigel and ask about the 607 specifically.

Keith W

I had exactly the same problem on my 206SW and changing the air filter and pollen filter stopped it. I have no idea why.

The car is 3 years old but only has 16k on the clock.

Reply to
Learning To Fly