stereo connections for steering wheel controls

Time for a new stereo Do stereos all work with the steering wheel controls, or do I need to buy an adaptor? Are there some brands that will/wont work? Are adaptors expensive? Will the same adaptor fit any/most stereos? where can I get one?

Reply to
alexpert

"alexpert" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

No, you'll probably need an adaptor.

...with? You can get adaptors for just about every brand.

Yes, £30-£50.

No. They're specific.

GIYF.

Reply to
southpawArcher

I bought an Autoleads adaptor for my 306 when installing a Sony Minidisc system - depending on it's mood it controlled different functions at any one time! Totally useless. Maybe I just had a duff one.

Reply to
StealthUK