Sticking Clutch

Hi All,

I have a slight problem and wondered if anyone could help. My clutch is very stiff and seems to stick 3/4 of the way down and then release. The sticking point requires a lot of effort to get past and and makes a loud clunk noise. Once down the clutch operates as normal. I have already replaced the clutch cable which seemed to improve the situation a little bit but has not cured the sticking.

Thanks in advance Andy

Reply to
Andrew Davenport

Check the path the cable takes.it might be hooked up some place,or could be a bent lever.or the clutch release lever might be rubbing on the box. so it looks like u will have to have a good at it ,so good luck. from chris in Addlestone surrey.

Reply to
Chris

sounds like it is in the box or at the lever.

Reply to
Chris

Hi,

I have already checked the cable path and all seems clear, if i disconnect the clutch end and test it moves freely!!

Cheers Andy

Reply to
Andrew Davenport

That sounds like a problem with the diaphragm spring. It's snapping -don't mean breaking, like a clicky frog toy (if anyone remembers them) instead of operating smoothly. Replacement clutch time. DaveK.

Reply to
davek