STOP light

My recently purchased 1998 406 gls turbo has taken to flashing the stop light on occasion. It always happens in fifth gear when cruising at over

60mph. Checked oil level and appears ok. The light goes off after maybe thirty seconds, sometimes sooner. Anyone any ideas?

TIA

Andy

Reply to
magicman

Brake pad wear light?could be off and touching, body or something.got to be some thing silly??

Reply to
Chris

Mine did it and, on the suggestion of someone on this group, I topped up the brake fluid and steering fluid. hasn't done it since.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks