Stuttering peugeot 206 engine

Group,

I'm heaving the following problem with our 6½ year old peugeot 206 1.6 16v. Sometimes when driving it starts to stutter a little, usually at around 2500 - 3000 rpm, and mostly in the first 15 minutes after starting. Not everytime, and not continuously, but it is a litle annyoing sometimes. Yesterday evening the board computer indicator light came on, and today when slowing down for some traffic lights, the engine shut down all together. (but did start right away again) Luckily there was an official dealer just around the corner, and they looked into the computer, and that seemed to indicate a leaking head gasket, which another official dealer called a little "sweating" just a month ago during a relugar checkup. Before spending around ?800 for a replacement job, I would like to know if anybody here has had the same kind of experience?

Uncle sjohie

visit me at

Newnews

It could be something simple such as the rpm/crankshaft/tdc sensor failing - which often takes garages ages to diagnose (or so they claim and charge rediculous amounts).

It's happened to me on a renault megane and fiat seicento.

One of the symptoms might be difficulty starting in the mornings at seemingly random intervals.

Reply to
Rexx Magnus