Sump plug - what size for 405 Diesel

We have a Peugeot 405 Turbo Diesel with a 1998 cc engine. Can anyone tell me the type and size of the plug for the oil drain on the engine? Square, hex ... and size.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dave (from the UK)

In message , "Dave (from the UK)" writes

8 MM Square usualy :)
Reply to
Johno

my 405 diesel has a 7mm Square.

Reply to
Chris

Thanks. I thought it might be square, since I machined something up once on a milling machine do do the job on a Peugeot 306. I have lost the bit I made though. I would not have made a hex one - too much like hard work.

Reply to
Dave (from the UK)

1/4 drive or 3/8 drive might be able to fit in there,,
Reply to
Chris