Three beeps

Hi,

Could someone please let me know what three short beeps relates to when I turn the engine off? It doesn't do it every time, in fact it's random as to when it does do it. No messages are displayed when the three beeps do occur.

This is on a 2002 plate 406 2.0ltr 16v.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks,

Rich

Reply to
Ricardo

The ignition key isn't still in the lock and the door open is it?

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Thanks for the reply.

The key is still in the ignition either on the accessories or off.

No doors are open.

Still does it regardless of whether I have my seatbelt on or not.

I can't find any common cause for the beep beep beep.

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:f1kls2$188$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Reply to
Ricardo

No use to you but I could swear that twice now I've heard a sort of electronicy jingle much like the noise when a phobile moan turns on (or off) when out and about in my 406. Given that I don't carry a phobile or have sat nav or any other electronic gizmos in the car it's a trifle worrying. Actually now I think about it, both times have been near junction 12 on the M5. Time to don the aluminium hat I think.

Reply to
malc