throttle sticking on 307SW HDI 90

Occasionally, when I'm driving in traffic at low speed, and I lift my foot off the pedal, the throttle sticks on as if it was a cruise control type of thing. Any ideas. Just had it back at the dealer, but of course it didn't;t do it when the tech had the car out.....

Reply to
david quinn

Check the throttle pedal, when it is fully depressed, you may find that the carpet is sometimes interferring with it!

Not necessarily saying this is YOUR problem, but the carpet has been known to cause problems - it doesn't hurt to check!!

HTH

John

Reply to
John J. Burness

Most cars have 'fly by wire' throttle controls nowadays. It could be a problem with the potentiometer that controls it. Basically it's similar to the volume control on a radio. BTW, although I have a Citroen I'm on this group 'cos they use the same engines. (And the Citroen group is empty). DaveK

Reply to
davek

Had a similar problem with throttle caused by pedal sticking on corner of mat in footwell, not much fun in auto made it more like a mis-guided missile!

Reply to
Longshot

Check thottle cable for fraying

Reply to