Trip Computer LCD very dim

My 2000 model 406 trip computer display is extremely dim - is there any easy fix for this, as I've been through the handbook and there is no mention of adjustment to the brightness anywhere, so I'm assuming it's a fault of some description?

If it's something like bulbs at the back, how easy/hard is this job to do, as I can't see any way of actually getting it out of the dashboard?

TIA

Reply to
Brainfire

you have to replace the bulbs behind the display. thats all...

Reply to
john

And they all seem to go at the same time, don't they? The clock lights went on line a few weeks ago. Replaced them, then the bloody radio display lights have gone out as well as the external temperature being wrong.

Reply to
malc