Turning off air bag indicator

Hi,

I have a problem with my airbag and it has been diagnosed that i need to replace the ecu and some other things to rectify. Since it is going to cost me a fortune i decided not to fix for the tiem being.

Is there a way to switch off the dashboard air bag indicator ? It is a nuisance to have it allways flashing infornt of you !!

Thanks

Reply to
PGT306

Take the bulb out :)

Reply to
CB

Run a drill through it ;)

Reply to
Longshot

I had that with my 306, apparently it's a common fault. The solution that did it for me was:

- Find the connector under the drivers seat (there's a sensor in the drivers seat (and probably also in the passenger seat if you have two airbags) that tells the system if someone is sitting in the chair, so I suppose the airbag won't go off if it thinks noone is sitting there).

- fiddle around with the connector, and/or try some contact-cleaner

- if that doesn't help cut the connectors and solder the wires together (that's what did it for me in the end).

The airbag light still comes on every now and then, but only like once a month, so I can live with that.

Good luck,

Bas

Reply to
Bas

non functioning of the airbag could invalidate your insurance cover be careful

Reply to
Mindwipe

(and probably also in the passenger seat if you have two airbags) still no to that one that

the wires under the seat are for the pretensioners only not the airbags

try to never move the seats while the ignition is on

Reply to
Mindwipe

Well... it worked, that's the main thing ;)

Seconded

Reply to
Bas

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (PGT306) wrote in news:a0f144e6.0501110051.46776610 @posting.google.com:

Did a main dealer tell you to replace the ECU by any chance?

It's usually a symptom of a loose connection under one of the front seats! Easily fixed.

You *need* to get it fixed, because the airbag system is disabled when the light's on. Or try not to crash!

I suppose you could change the ECU to 'be on the safe side'(!).. :-P

Reply to
southpawArcher

A main Peugeot dealer told me that the airbag light flashing did not mean that the airbag didn't work, but then the car was still under warranty which will probably explain the answer. Like I said in my other posts, fixing the connections under the front seats (drivers seat in my case) fixed the problem. Had to do it myself in the end because all the main dealer did (again: under warranty) was wind some sticky tape over the connection.

Bas

Reply to
Bas

"Bas" wrote in news:41e6c767$0$73832$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl: