tyre life and makes of tyre.

what kind of tyre life do you get from your tyres, i have been told that a cheaper tyre will not last as long as a dearer one; is this trooo?

I have 1999 406, 1.8, 16valve rapier saloon, which i use to tow a caravan, and my tyres wether cheap or dear, last about a year, how about yours, (or in other words, do yours last longer? and do you tow a caravan?). what sort of wear do you get from yours? Regards mark.

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

hhm the cheapo tyres i had on my 305 seamed to last forever ( harder rubber compound...) I had firestone FST590 fitted after a nice 180 (not) on the belgian E40, which solved the problem of skitting.

on my 406 i have michelin Pilot PRIMACY

195/65 R15 91V, they go to 240KM/h ( not that the car does) and do their job wel.

one could do with pirelli P6000 there a bit cheaper, but dont last that long towing a caravani would not take the P6000

if you tow a caravan one could go for reïnforced rear tyres

the michelins now did 25.000 km and arer stil like "new".

maybe a look here could serve you

Marc

Hello,

Normally the life span from tyres is between 40.000 and 60.00 km depending on your style of driving... Towing a caravan or not isn t making much difference... Most of the time cheaper tyres have a shorter life span, the road-holding isn t 100 % or the quality can be a problem ( distortion ). Some of them also make more " noice " - if you know what i mean.... For a 406 i would suggest : Michelin, Goodyear or Dunlop... I have the best experience with those ..

Sorry for my bad English...

Reply to
Tim Bergiers

Reply to