tyres

Has anybody used a company called mot 4 u in chertsey?down hanworth lane buy the railway station,they gave me a quote for 4 175x70rx14 tyres all in =A3115,00. i have tryed other places but can not get the price down.has anybody heard any bad things about this company if so please let me know and i shop else where.

Reply to
Chris

Sounds like a good price

do an economy brand for £37.90 each, all in and fitted.

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

Has anybody on this group had Westlake tyres fitted to there car or van?if so have you had any problems with them.( the reason iam asking is i have just had 4 fitted )so it could be just shut up and get on with it hahahaaha

Reply to
Chris

Hi Chris. I am currently using Dunlop SP Sport 200 tyres. They have done over 36000 miles with little wear and give a very good ride. I have used cheapo tyres in the past, but they don't last and give a lousy ride, to me this is false economy, at the end of the day you only get what you pay for.

Bryan

Reply to
Bystander

The tyres they took off have been on the car over 5years. the front ones started to wear on the outside edge due to a wishbone rubber gone and bottom ball joint wear.car dont do many miles never been on a motor way dont need too.so lets hope theses tyres last a long time.

Reply to
Chris

. I have used cheapo tyres

I remember many moons ago treating my pug 205 GTI to some top end Yokohama tyres must be 16 years ago now and if I am correct they cost me over £150 each then (I must have been mad), the grip was superb, and the handling was brilliant for about a month but after that I had no-end of trouble with them, I seemed to get a lot a vibration through the steering wheel which could only be cured by having the wheels balanced again, after about 6 months of this I gave in and change the front tyres to Michelins and never had the problem again. So like you say, " you get what you pay for", well most of the time anyway :o)

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

Hi,

Woo-woo, I drove with a set of them almost 10 years ago. They were on front of a 405 SRI. Grip was good on the dry, very poor on the wet (I even didn't feel the wheels, if you see what I mean).

I have to agree, from my tiny experience, chosing low-cost, no-name tyres brings to something which is obviously bad. They offer bad performance, bad grip, and finally bad economy if you hit another car or pavement under heavy braking conditions, for example on wet roads. As I tend to do some miles per year (20,000km or so), I prefer chosing some good tyres. Michelin has my preference for years now, the only bad point is they are noisy. Price is not really an option, as until now I have common sizes (185/65/14 yet) which are pretty cheap - and they offer far better performance than other comparable brands (talking about price tag) like Pirelli. They also tend to last more, I have done something like 30,000 miles with my XT1 at the front of my 205, while my P-2500 (Pirelli) only lasted 20,000. Why Pirellis ? I have blown a tyre with a nail and the store didn't have any Michelin on the shelf. At least that's what they said - they gave me an occasion to see that they were still as bad on the wet than the P600 I knew years before. On the dry roads they were OK, less noisy than Michelins (yes, even with a 205D you can hear that).

Regards,.

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

Isn't that mrore expensive than what's on offer to the OP from the garage in Hanworth?

Reply to
Petert

Dont care got 4 fitted and it holds the road well now .

Reply to
Chris

yes it is, and that was the point, but i didn't put it over to well, being that a budget brand from online e-tyres still worked out more than Hanworth. therefore in my eyes Hanworth were a very good price. if you know what i mean, sort of , anyway. there you go :o)

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

=A380 for 4 all in .175/70/14 and the tyres are called westlake and so far no problems with them. hold the road in wet very well.

Reply to
Chris