UK 205 owner questions, please help!

Hi

I've had my 1994 Peugeot 205 1.8 Inca Diesel since August and it has been a good little runner. But lately a few problems have cropped up and i'm hoping that some of you out there could help me out with a few questions.

  1. Every now and then a light will come on the go off on the dashboard. It's situated inbetween the indicator light and the coil light. It's amber and looks like a capsule with half filled with water and has one pipe coming in and one going out. Seeing as i didn't get a manual with the car this is the only thing i can't work out on the dash.

  1. I know it's a known problem but what is the best way to repair a leaky sunroof. It isn't a big leak but it's quite annoying when i can see it dripping out of the corner of my eye.

  2. Finally some little f*$&%r has snapped off my windscreen wiper arm and i was wondering where is the best place to get a new one from. Will Peugeot dealers have any or will i have to ring round all the brakers yards?

As you can probably tell i'm not very technically minded and i'm a new driver as well so some of these questions might be a bit daft :)

Thanks in advance

Rob

Reply to
Boboskins

[...]

dashboard.

Reply to
boboskins

By the way it's the rear windscreen wiper that is missing.

Reply to
boboskins

Dont recognise that at all. Possibly water in the fuel tank warning light, but i never knew 205s had that (my 1991 TD doesnt).

I've heard you can get stuff that replenishes rubber seals. Been meaning to try and get some for my cars. That might be worth a try. Maybe look in Halfords

Definately go to a scrap yard. All you have to do is take one nut off, and will probably only cost a fiver!

Not at all :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Why not try Halfords or other motorfactor? Also places like Neat Autos

willstock them. Likewise GSF
And Euro Car Parts
The warning light is the water in the fuel warning I think. It is supposed to tell you that there is water in the bottom of the fuel filter bowl, but they are notoriously inaccurate.

Reply to
brian

Hi Rob,

As others have said it could be the water in fuel warning - either that or maybe power steering fluid low? (Mine doesn't have power steering so I can't check for you)

Depending on which type of sunroof you have you need to replenish the little round rubber seals where the handle goes through the glass. They were for sale on eBay from "Just GTI's" but I can't find them at the moment.

Peugeot dealers will have them but they'll charge the earth - best bet is a scrap yard (or GSF Car Spares

Matt

I found the sunroof kit -

You can see from the picture if it's the same sunroof as yours.

All the best, Matt

Reply to
Matt

Thanks Matt, Brian & Carl you've been a big help :=AC) Rob

(If this ever posts, bloody google groups!)

Reply to
boboskins

Thanks Matt & Brian, you've been a big help :=AC)

Rob

Reply to
boboskins

Hi,

It is. I have the same in my Junior D '93. Can't figure out if there should be one on a DTurbo (I should ask my brother). Well, should I repeat what I previously wrote about the water in fuel sensor's reliability ?

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Rob

It posted twice. How about that then.

Reply to
Buccaneer

No probs!

If you get outbid on the auction just drop them a line, they usually have a few of these kits in...

(If this ever posts, bloody google groups!)

Reply to
Matt

I know it's like some sort of virtual echo i've got going on!

:)

Reply to
boboskins

Either that, or this auction is for OEM Pug ones...

Matt

Reply to
Matt