Unblock diesel filter 307

Have been getting this message for around six months now but there doesn't appear to have been any adverse effects on the performance/consumption etc. Should I get the filter changed regardless? I know it is expensive but I am wondering if damage is being done to the engine/exhaust system in the mean time.

Reply to
Barney

Replace the filter sod the money at least you will know that you have done it.then go from there, we will try and help you on here if you are still getting problems.

Reply to
Chrs

Thanks. We are going to France for three weeks in July so I guess it would be a good idea to get it done before then...or maybe it's cheaper on the other side of the water ;-)

Reply to
Barney

t least you will know that you have

Don't know about comparitive prices. The warning does suggest that the particle filter is partially blocked. This will affect the performance and efficiency of the engine. However it is an expensive thing to get changed, you won't see any change out of =A3300, assuming the dealer fits a recon unit. If he fits a new one, double that. The message CAN also come from a faulty pressure sensor on the exhaust, there are two, before and after the filter. I took my filter off, and reverse flushed it with several kettle-fulls of boiling water, washing out a fair amount of white ash. Haven't had the message since in 4k miles.

Reply to
Brian

Don't know about comparitive prices. The warning does suggest that the particle filter is partially blocked. This will affect the performance and efficiency of the engine. However it is an expensive thing to get changed, you won't see any change out of £300, assuming the dealer fits a recon unit. If he fits a new one, double that. The message CAN also come from a faulty pressure sensor on the exhaust, there are two, before and after the filter. I took my filter off, and reverse flushed it with several kettle-fulls of boiling water, washing out a fair amount of white ash. Haven't had the message since in 4k miles.

I will get the garage to confirm it is not a faulty sensor before they change the filter. I was told this filter usually gets changed around 45k - mine's done 57 now. Thanks

Reply to
Barney

Took it to the garage and their diagnostics said the Eoyls pump was open circuit and not pumping. Diagnostics also said that the filter was not blocked and the sensors were fine. Paid £500 for parts and labour and the bloody warning message "Unblock Diesel Filter" came up again.

Reply to
Barney

Take it back first thing in the morning as they have not done the fault.in which you payed for them to sort out in the first place.

Reply to
Chris

The strange thing is that after reading up on the whole FAP/Eloys filter stuff I get the message that if the fluid runs out you have to have the filter regenerated. I mentioned this to the garage and they said it wasn't necessary as the diagnostics showed the filter to be ok?? Anyway I took it out for a blat along the motorway tonight and managed 15 mins at >70mph before I turned round and came back again. The diesel filter message came on after about 15 mins then went away again. Didn't come on again tonight. I will ask my wife to keep an eye on the error message but will still call the garage in the morning. Thanks

Reply to
Barney

A bit of air round the sensor? get them to check the wire sensor which goes into the filter houseing.

Reply to
Chris

Called the garage this morning as was told that they had a bit of a problem resetting the computer but as the test drive didn't bring up the message they assumed all was well. They said to pop the car back in and it will take about 10 mins to have another go. My wife took the car over and had to wait

90 mins until they had finished. Guess what they said??? The computer is saying the filter is blocked. Previously the computer said it was fine and now it says it is blocked???? Then they had the cheek to give my wife a print out of the filter part number and the cost to fit it. Needless to say they were told to shove it. Any idea od the value of a 2001 2.0 litre turbo diesel HDI with 58k on the clock?
Reply to
Barney

Take the car to someone else. and a filter fitted it does not have to be a pug workshop.where is the filter? is it the one on the top at back of bulkhead on batt side.

Reply to
Chris

I don't know where it is just that it is a one piece filter and costs £168+vat for a recon one and around £550 for a new one. I am not going to bother getting the filter changed as I think I am going to trade it in.

Reply to
Barney

are you near Wimbledon ?the car still runs well with the light on?i give you a telhpone number of a company that can and wi;; help you if you are near them 02088793584-02088793861 they are called watsons diesels they are very helpful if you give them a ring they might know someone near you that might be able to do it, or tell you what to do , good luck.

Reply to
Chris

Thanks Chris but I am a long way from London and yes the car runs normally when the warning comes up. Fuel consuption normal and power normal.

Reply to
Barney

Go to gfs site as i have found 307 hdi fuel filter complete with houseing bosh =A331.25 think u have to add v.a.t to this

Reply to
Chris

Dont sale a car just because it got diesel problem well its not a problem , have you had a look on G.F.S site if you got one near you if not i think they do mail order.

Reply to
Chris

It's not a fuel filter (although you would have thout it was by the error message) it is to do with the emissions.

Reply to
Barney

So its fitted to the exhaust pipe same as a cat,but i bet you can get it cheaper must some place near you that can do it or price it up for you.u say your not near london ?pop into a exhaust center and ask them. it sounds like the sensor for the cat.

Reply to
Chris

I know it's in German but this picture shows the layout and components of the system.

Barney

Thanks for sending that its the Cat and sensor you need replaceing, which is part of the exhaust, there are very pricey,best thing to do is ring round and find some one that sales them ,done one on a vaxhall and that was a lot of money,has it had to be vauxhall part.it is a job you can do yourself. good luck chris..

Reply to
Chris